This Master's in AgInnovation course, a one-year distance education/blended learning entrepreneurship development programme, aims to fill the gap in terms of entrepreneurship/ intrapreneurship skills for the agri-ecosystem in Ireland. Key stakeholders include micro, small, medium and large agri-companies as well as farmers. The aim of this course is to teach people how to identify areas for innovation specifically within the agri-domain, to create innovation-driven enterprises or to create new business units within an existing company. Particular consideration is given to helping students address:
• Challenges around commercialising innovations (ideas and technologies);
• Business constraints and guidelines (margins, CAGR, lifetime value, COCA, etc.);
• Other di†iculties related to getting new agri-products to sizeable markets ("crossing the chasm").
The course will include customer-focused problem identification, problem validation, market analysis, technology viability assessment, competitive positioning, team building, product lifecycle planning, marketing strategy, and sales channel analysis. Robust and comprehensive agri-focused business plans will be developed that begin with an executive summary and follow through to the presentation of a comprehensive marketing plan.
3 Good Reasons To Study This Course
1. Flexible learning: The programme is delivered using a blended approach, a combination of distance/online learning materials with face-to-face tutorials and periodic seminars (weekends).
2. Programme Director Dr John Breslin and Programme Manager Dr Paul Flynn have brought this process to NUI Galway after undertaking MIT's Entrepreneurship Development Program. Dr Breslin is also a Funded Investigator at the VistaMilk Centre for Precision Pasture-Based Dairying.
3. This is a timely initiative because there needs to be more agtech innovators in companies and startups who can avail of early stage supports, then scale to get at the bigger funds. Now is the time to accelerate the agricultural innovation ecosystem in Ireland.
AgInnovation - Agricultural Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting institutions!