Mathematics is at the heart of advances in science, engineering and technology, as well as being an indispensable problem-solving and decision-making tool in many other areas of life. This MSc course enables you to delve deeply into particular aspects of pure and applied mathematics, through a wide choice of modules in fascinating areas such as fractal geometry, coding theory and analytic theory. You'll complete your MSc with a piece of independent study, exploring one of a range of mathematical topics in detail and concluding this study by writing a dissertation.
Key features of the course
• Ideal for mathematically inclined scientists and engineers as well as mathematicians
• Extends your knowledge and refines your abilities to process information accurately, and critically analyse and communicate complex ideas
• Develops an enhanced skill set that will put you at an advantage in careers as diverse as mathematics, education, computer science, economics, engineering and finance.
• The most popular MSc in mathematics in the UK.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills