This postgraduate diploma course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding, and skills needed to install, configure and maintain local and wide area networks. On completion of this diploma you will be able to go on and gain the industry recognised certification by taking the CCNP examinations.
Key features of the course
• Develops your skill set with the largest Cisco Networking academy in the UK
• Draws on the latest CCNP, CISSP and CCNA-S curriculum
• The chance to upgrade to our MSc in Advanced Networking
• Provides the knowledge, understanding, and skills needed to install, configure and maintain local and wide area networks
• Includes hands-on experience of using online tools and configuring networks.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills
On successful completion of the required modules you can qualify for a Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Networking, entitling you to use the letters PG Dip Adv Net (Open) after your name.
If you obtain 60 credits or more at distinction grade, you will qualify for the award of the diploma with Distinction.
Once you have completed the postgraduate diploma, you can gain the MSc in Advanced Networking Engineering (F56) by taking either a 60-credit research project and dissertation module or a 30-credit professional project combined with a 30-credit module on digital forensics.
Recognition in your country
If you intend to use your Open University qualifications to seek work or undertake further study outside the UK, we recommend checking whether your intended qualification will meet local requirements for your chosen career. Read recognition in my country.