Technology has the capability to transform products and processes and, if managed effectively, can make a significant contribution to organisational performance, economic growth and social wellbeing. This MSc will provide you with the knowledge and skills critical to making the right decisions about technology strategy, innovation and management to really make a difference to your organisation and your own professional development. It is applicable to a wide range of sectors, including IT, manufacturing, healthcare, defence, financial services, local and national government services and throughout your studies you'll be encouraged to apply your learning to your own particular technology context. You'll begin by focusing on the operational aspects of managing technological innovation and change, before moving to explore a range of capabilities that are key to the strategic development and management of technological innovation. Your studies will conclude with an in-depth investigation of a technology management topic or problem of your choice.
Key features of the course
• Choose between a research route or a professional route
• Both routes offer a rigorous approach to solving complex real world problems
• Develops essential skills for systematically and successfully addressing technology management issues in your own organisation and wider contexts
• Provides an excellent platform for further research studies.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills