If technology, innovation and change are factors in your organisation or role, this certificate will extend your knowledge, skills and capability adding value to your career and your workplace. It provides a rounded view of the management of technology and technological innovation, investigating topics such as the nature and types of technological innovation, technology transfer, and eco-innovation which are relevant to all economic and organisational sectors and types of technology. The optional modules explore technology management within fields such as computing and ICT, business and management, development management and environmental management.
Key features of the course
• Focuses on the operational aspects of managing technological innovation and change
• Encourages you to apply your learning to your own particular technology context
• A wide choice of optional modules enabling you to tailor your studies to your own needs and interests.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any point, or study the whole programme.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills