If you have a passion for the arts and are looking for an intellectual challenge, this certificate course provides you with an excellent opportunity to upgrade your qualifications. You will deepen your understanding of art history, classical studies, music or philosophy, while developing advanced research and analytical skills that will give you the edge in today's competitive jobs market and prepare you for further academic study.
Key features of the course
• Extends knowledge and skills acquired at undergraduate level
• A choice of pathways enables you to focus your particular subject interest
• Develops critical thinking skills that are highly prized by employers
• Gives you 60 credits towards a masters degree if you wish to study further.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and a range of masters degrees. You can step off at any point, or study the whole programme.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills
On successful completion of the required modules you can be awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Humanities entitling you to use the letters PG Cert (Hum) (Open) after your name.
Recognition in your country
If you intend to use your Open University qualifications to seek work or undertake further study outside the UK, we recommend checking whether your intended qualification will meet local requirements for your chosen career. Read recognition in my country.
For this qualification, we do not allow you to count credit for study you have already done elsewhere.