This qualification will enable you make a real difference within your management practice through active use of frameworks, theories and tools. It challenges you to engage with a wide variety of ideas and develop a repertoire of techniques and approaches applicable to your own context. You will explore the operation and interplay between the core functions and disciplines of management, including project and change management, HR, accounting, marketing and operations. You will develop a good grounding in the theory and practice of managing and leading, and build key interpersonal and conceptual skills to help you make sense of and work with organisational complexity, and apply your new understanding in your own work.
Key features of the course
• Helps you select and adapt techniques and approaches appropriate to your own situation, and to reflect critically on your own and others' practice
• Explores diverse perspectives and approaches in different organisational, cultural and global contexts - increasing your ability to work confidently across sectoral and national boundaries
• Enhances your ability to plan and implement change which will have real impact within your own organisational context.
This certificate is the first stage of our triple-accredited MBA qualification.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills