This qualification investigates the theory and practice of advancing healthcare, and how services can be improved through change agency, partnership working and the application of improvement science. You will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to contribute to healthcare advancement, with a particular focus on the conception, design and conduct of research that has significance and benefit in practice settings. You will explore themes related to your own practice situation, and conduct a series of investigations in your workplace. You will also examine how enquiry, knowledge, evidence, strategy and skill can be combined to develop your own work as an agent of advancing healthcare, and how you can work with others to do the same.
Key features of the course
• Builds leadership skills in relation to policy, innovation and healthcare improvement
• Develops your ability to support service improvements using research and evidence-based practice
• The chance to upgrade to our MSc in Advancing Healthcare Practice in just one more year.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills