This qualification will help you develop the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need in order to take the lead in improving the quality of healthcare in your local setting, whatever your role. You will investigate the theory and practice of healthcare improvement, exploring what healthcare improvement means and how it can be achieved through change agency, collaboration and partnership and the field of improvement science situating these core themes within a global context and investigating their impact on local practice. Throughout your studies you will apply your learning to the context of your own health improvement environment.
Key features of the course
• Develops your leadership skills in relation to policy, innovation and service improvement
• Draws on a range of evidence and case material from both within and outside the UK
• Strong emphasis on critical thinking, reflective practice and digital, information and academic literacy skills
• Support for transition to postgraduate level study.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any stage, or study the whole programme.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills