How are drugs designed? This qualification focuses on the latest developments in this critical area of contemporary medical therapy, while developing a wide range of skills associated with postgraduate study. You will study aspects of medicinal chemistry that explore the links between disease, mechanisms of action and the development of safe, effective commercial drugs pursuing these topics across a number of major health areas such as cancer, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuropharmacology and inflammation.
Key features of the course
• Explores current research and advanced scholarship within medicinal chemistry
• Critically evaluates research methodologies
• Concludes with a substantial piece of independent research on a topic of your choice.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills