This flexible course will be of interest to mathematically inclined scientists and engineers as well as to mathematicians. It offers a wide choice of modules enabling you to tailor your studies to your particular area of interest, and is applicable to work in industry, business and commerce as well as providing a firm foundation for additional study at masters and doctorate level.
Key features of the course
• Develops your problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• A wide choice of modules enables you to tailor the course to your needs
• Helps you stand out in a crowded jobs market.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any point, or study the whole programme.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills