If you want to develop your mathematical problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, this postgraduate diploma is an excellent place to begin. It has been designed for students who want to delve more deeply into particular aspects of pure and applied mathematics, and is applicable to a wide range of contexts including science, engineering and technology.
Key features of the course
• Extends your understanding of key areas of mathematics, including analytic number theory, advanced calculus and differential equations
• A wide choice of modules enables you to tailor the course to your needs
• The opportunity to top up to our MSc in Mathematics in just one more year.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills
On successful completion of the required modules you can be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Mathematics entitling you to use the letters PG Dip Maths (Open) after your name.
You may continue your studies and add a further 60 credits to your diploma to gain an MSc in Mathematics (F04).
Recognition in your country
If you intend to use your Open University qualifications to seek work or undertake further study outside the UK, we recommend checking whether your intended qualification will meet local requirements for your chosen career. Read recognition in my country.
For this qualification, we do not allow you to count credit for study you have already done elsewhere.