Environmental management is becoming increasingly important to everyone, whether at work, in the community or at home from complying with environmental legislation to addressing the global challenges of climate change and energy conservation. This course addresses the everyday concerns of environmental protection, natural resource management and rapidly changing environmental legislation and policy. You will explore biophysical, social, political and economic factors from local to global level, and develop the skills you need to participate creatively in the process of improving environmental performance in your own context.
Key features of the course
• Widens your knowledge of the environment and develops your skills in making informed decisions about environmental issues
• Approaches environmental decision making from a systems viewpoint
• Considers how to assess and manage sustainability in an organisation and work towards a more sustainable future.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any point, or study the whole programme.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills