This postgraduate qualification is designed for those with an academic or professional interest in space science and the technology that underpins this discipline. It equips students with the skills to carry out scientific investigations using space-based instrumentation, both individually and as a team. Students learn how to use a programming language in support of space science applications and develop other skills that are relevant to further research or employment in the space sector. The qualification also requires students to conduct an indepth research project on a topic in space science or space technology.
Key features of the course
• Develops skills in conducting science in the space environment through the use of robotic experiments
• Explores current debates in space and planetary sciences using data from space missions
• Develops technical and professional skills according to individual needs and interests
• Culminates with an in-depth individual research project in space science or space technology.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills