This qualification is designed to support professional development and practice in a wide range of roles in finance whether you are developing in your career or aspiring to enter the sector. It is applicable to roles in areas such as investment banking, portfolio management, corporate finance, treasury, and consultancy. It provides a thorough grounding in areas such as corporate finance, financial decision-making, financial reporting and governance. It develops competences in applying statistical and econometric techniques, and equips you with knowledge of the fundamentals of Islamic and behavioural finance. You can choose to specialise either in derivatives and financial risk management, or in investment and portfolio management.
Key features of the course
• Provides an up-to-date perspective on both theory and practice in national and international contexts
• Learn and apply the most important tools for financial analysis and decision support
• Acquire competencies in statistical and econometric analysis
• Develop your digital literacy skills, research capabilities and critical thinking
• Opens up the opportunity to top up to the MSc in Finance in just one more yearby completing a dissertation module.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills