This qualification is suitable for those at the start of a career in human resources (HR) or hoping to enter the HR profession and for line managers. This diploma will deepen your understanding of HR management and strategy, while building the specialist skills essential for practitioners. You will address business and change management issues and work at a strategic level; and explore issues such as employee relations, employee engagement, learning and development, employee resourcing and talent management. There is a strong emphasis on practice-based learning, and you will examine international and comparative practice preparing you for work in the global economy. You will also evaluate the relevance of research and theory in relation to practice improvement.
Key features of the course
• Suitable for those at the start of their HR career or aspiring to enter the HR profession
• Explores the role of the HR professional, the nature of professionalism and approaches to addressing ethical dilemmas
• Develops people management skills such as interviewing, coaching, managing conflict and managing performance
• Prepares you for further study, such as the MSc in Human Resource Management.
This diploma provides a route to professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Students following the CIPD route are expected to be student members of CIPD throughout their studies and attend the Human resource management residential school.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills