This qualification is designed to support professional development and practice in a wide range of roles in finance - whether you are developing in your career or aspiring to enter the sector. It is applicable to roles in areas such as investment banking, portfolio management, corporate finance, treasury, law and consultancy. It provides a thorough grounding in corporate finance, financial decision-making, financial reporting and governance. You will learn to undertake company and project valuations, and to estimate the cost of capital; and you will be introduced to Islamic finance and behavioural finance.
Key features of the course
• Provides an up-to-date perspective on both theory and practice in national and international contexts
• Learn and apply the most important tools for financial analysis and decision support
• Develop expertise in key areas of finance such as securities and company valuation, project appraisal, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and Islamic finance
• Develops your digital literacy skills and critical thinking.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills