This qualification is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills as a writer in fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction and scriptwriting for film, radio and the stage. You will be able to write in a genre of your choice and experiment with at least one other through practical and inspiring activities. You will hone your writing practice through sharing, reading and critiquing work in progress, and will work towards producing a substantial piece of your own creative writing to a professional standard.
Key features of the course
• Develop writing skills and awareness of approaches to writing
• Develop and hone sophisticated writing skills in at least one genre
• Develop a sound knowledge of, and ability in, a secondary genre
• Engage in sharing, critiquing and reviewing a variety of work
• Prepare a substantial piece of work to a professional standard.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills