This postgraduate qualification is designed for those with an academic or professional interest in mental health science and the biological and psychological underpinnings of this discipline. It equips students with the necessary skills to critically evaluate the current literature, discuss contemporary issues and communicate a critical understanding of key topics in mental health science. Those who qualify from this programme, will have developed the skills and knowledge that are relevant for pursuing a research career, for employment, and to inform professional practice.
Key features of the course
• Develops knowledge and understanding of key topics in mental health science (stress, anxiety, depression, psychosis and dementia)
• Explores current issues and research at the forefront of mental health science
• Develops skills that are essential for a critical understanding of mental health science and relevant to professional practice.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills