This qualification is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills as a translator, equipping you to work in the fast-growing Translation Services industry. You will experiment with different genres through practical, inspiring translation activities, and hone your practice through peer review. You will gain hands-on experience of using tools necessary to operate in this rapidly-evolving area (e.g. audio-visual translation or cloud-based translation tools). Your work will be underpinned by an understanding of translations theories and debates.
Key features of the course
• Engage in authentic translation tasks to develop useful employability skills
• Choose from French, German, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin Chinese or Arabic in combination with English
• Participate in online open translation projects, with a certain degree of freedom to choose what you translate, and the opportunity to connect with established translation communities
• Develop your professional skills with a combination of collaborative activities and peer-reviews.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills