This professional qualification gives an introduction to postgraduate study in the field of education and offers the opportunity to explore one topic in detail. The modules available cover a range of areas within education but all encourage you to draw on your own experiences and undertake enquiry in your own context. You may also qualify for this postgraduate certificate course if you do not complete a full masters degree in education.
Key features of the course
• Offers a rich diversity of modules to suit your professional requirements and interests
• Has an emphasis on professional development through collaborative learning
• Develops and consolidates advanced scholarship and independent learning in the context of your own practice
• Can be used as the first stepping stone towards the MA or MEd in Education on completion.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills