This qualification is an exciting opportunity to start developing your skills as a translator, introducing you to the skills and knowledge needed to work in the fast-growing Translation Services industry. You will experiment with different genres through practical, inspiring translation activities, and hone your practice through peer review. Your work will be underpinned by an understanding of translations theories and debates.
Key features of the course
• Engage in authentic translation tasks to develop useful employability skills
• Choose from French, German, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin Chinese or Arabic in combination with English
• Develop your professional skills with a combination of collaborative activities and peer-reviews.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills
On successful completion of the required module you will be awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Translation entitling you to use the letters PG Cert Trans (Open) after your name.
Recognition in your country
If you intend to use your Open University qualifications to seek work or undertake further study outside the UK, we recommend checking whether your intended qualification will meet local requirements for your chosen career. Read recognition in my country.
For this qualification, we do not allow you to count credit for study you have already done elsewhere.