This qualification is an exciting opportunity to start developing your skills as a translator, introducing you to the skills and knowledge needed to work in the fast-growing Translation Services industry. You will experiment with different genres through practical, inspiring translation activities, and hone your practice through peer review. Your work will be underpinned by an understanding of translations theories and debates.
Key features of the course
• Engage in authentic translation tasks to develop useful employability skills
• Choose from French, German, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin Chinese or Arabic in combination with English
• Develop your professional skills with a combination of collaborative activities and peer-reviews.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills