If you're working in a context which makes considerable use of social or psychological research or are fascinated by social research, this certificate will equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to appraise research and communicate your assessment to academic and non-academic audiences. Drawing together topics from criminology and psychology, it supports future study and adds value to your career by providing professional development in research literacy, managing research and conceiving of new studies.
Key features of the course
• Focuses on critical appraisal of research and constructing new questions
• Applies focus relating social and psychological research to everyday and professional contexts
• Provides the opportunity to develop a case study relevant to your work environment or interests
• Develops your communication skills to academic and non-academic audiences, offline and online.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
• Knowledge and understanding
• Cognitive skills
• Practical and professional skills
• Key skills