Master's Degree in Liturgical Music
This Masters programme is offered in association with the National Centre for Liturgy. It consists of theological and theoretical study of the Church's liturgy, with specific attention to the area of liturgical music.
This joint academic and practice-based programme qualifies holders to undertake posts as organists, cantors, or directors of music at parish or diocesan level. The liturgical music academic component is balanced by an intensive course of supervised practical training in a number of core liturgical music disciplines.
• To provide an academic framework appropriate to the study of Theology at Masters level.
• To provide students with an in-depth theological and theoretical formation in the Church's liturgy.
• To form students in the historical, textual, doctrinal and technical aspects of liturgical music.
• To enhance students' critical awareness of music composed for and performed in the liturgy.
• To significantly enhance participants' competency and confidence in selected practical disciplines.