The Professional Diploma in Clinical Leadership (Online) is a unique interdisciplinary specialist postgraduate programme designed for busy healthcare professionals who wish to develop their leadership skills. Meet your immediate leadership development needs and those of your healthcare organisation with this innovative programme, designed to foster collaborative learning among multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals.
This evidence-based, innovative programme, incorporates best-in-class international thinking derived from advances in positive psychology and positive organisational scholarship and is delivered in a format blending online content, onsite sessions and interactive webinars to offer a collaborative and supported student experience.
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
•Analyse and discuss clinical leadership and management models in a healthcare setting.
• Reflect on the feedback from your psychometric profile and how this information can inform and allow you to be a more effective clinic leader.
•Critically and systematically analyse healthcare case studies and apply this learning to your own organisation.
• Discuss the importance of developments in positive leadership and how these develop a resilient strengths-based approach to maintaining a positive outlook to your clinical leadership role.
•Analyse the roles of team members in a clinical team and how they can influence performance outcomes.
• Apply the basic principles of management accounting, budgeting and activity-based costing.
• Discuss the importance of building and maintaining relationships across boundaries and maintaining networks for effective clinical leadership.
• Apply and effectively manage a performance management system using a coaching methodology.
•Critically evaluate and apply team effectiveness in relation to healthcare outcomes.
• Critically debate change management theories and the challenges they present for clinical leaders.
•Evaluate quality improvement methodologies/measures and demonstrate how they can impact healthcare delivery and outcomes.
• Critically discuss the principles and implementation of a patient safety culture and outcomes.
•Develop and present an evidence based business case for a change or quality improvement in their clinical setting.