St Marys University College has a long-established tradition in teacher education which includes an M-Level programme. The M-Level programme has been approved by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, which commended it for its quality and excellence.
The programme consists of a range of accredited modules which may be taken on a stand-alone basis or which may contribute to one of the following awards:
Advanced Certificate in Education (AdvCertEd),
Diploma in the Advanced Study (DASE),
Master of Education (MEd).
St Marys provides teachers and education related professionals with a stimulating, welcoming and supportive environment in which they have the opportunity to work alongside a strong community of like-minded professionals. The programme has the following aims:
- Make educational excellence and success accessible to all by providing a dynamic, flexible and wide-ranging programme of professional development.
- Ensure that teachers receive targeted and supportive professional development training needed to drive standards and raise achievement in schools.
- Facilitate school improvement.
- Nurture the talent and ambition of teachers who are committed to their own professional development.
- Support career-long professional development.
- Embed a culture of self-evaluation by engaging in critical reflection.
- Facilitate professional collaboration and the sharing of good practice.
- Steer teachers and schools through educational change.
- Inspire creativity, passion and optimism in the teaching profession.
- Promote personal excellence, teamwork and leadership in educational professionals.