M-Level Programme for Teachers
St Mary's University College has a long-established tradition in teacher education which includes an M-Level Programme. The M-Level Programme has been approved by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, which commended it for its quality and excellence.
The programme consists of a range of accredited modules which may be taken on a stand-alone basis or which may contribute to one of the following awards:
• Postgraduate Certificate in Education Studies
• Postgraduate Diploma in Education Studies
• Master of Education.
St Mary's provides teachers and education-related professionals with a stimulating and supportive environment in which they have the opportunity to work alongside a strong community of like-minded professionals. The programme aims to:
• embed a culture of self-evaluation by providing opportunity for critical reflection.
• ensure that teachers receive targeted and supportive professional development needed to strengthen leadership capacity and raise achievement in schools.
• facilitate school improvement by encouraging and promoting professional collaboration and sharing of best practice.
• inspire creativity, passion and optimism in the teaching profession.
• make educational excellence and success accessible to all.
• nurture the talent and ambition of teachers who are committed to their own professional development.
• promote personal excellence, teamwork and leadership among educational professionals.
• support career-long professional development.
The specialist options are listed below:
• Curriculum Development and Primary Education
• Developing Physical Education, School Sport and Coaching Science
• Digital Education
• Early-Years Education
• Educational Management and School Organisation
• Effective Teaching (online)
• English and Literacy in the Curriculum
• Irish and Irish-Medium Education
• Leaders for Catholic Schools
• Pastoral Issues
• Special Education.