Each applicant must meet all three types of criteria namely professional, academic and clinical as follows:
• Have an active registration with ABA: applicants must be registered in the General, Psychiatric, Children's, Intellectual Disability, Midwifery or Public Health Nurse divisions of the active register maintained by An Bord Altranais; and
• Have a minimum of three years post registration clinical experience during the last 5 years with at least one year full time experience in the specific area of practice.
• Possess competencies recognised at Level 8 of the National Framework of Qualifications (for example a higher diploma or an honours degree); and
• Demonstrate evidence of further post registration education (for example completion of An Bord Altranais category I or II courses or other postgraduate courses)
Clinical Practice Experience:
• Be employed in a clinical area that is approved by the course team and satisfy An Bord Altranais Requirements and Standards.
• Submit a written commitment from their host organisation supporting the applicant for the clinical practicum. A Site Declaration Form signed by the Director of Nursing/ Midwifery/ Public Health Nursing (or relevant nurse/ midwife manager) must be submitted with the entry application.
• Submit a written confirmation from a medical practitioner who has agreed to act as a mentor for the required term of supervised practice (this mentor should also sign the Site Declaration Form).
• Have access to computer facilities including email and internet, and be familiar with information technology in particular email and internet use.
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6.5 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please note that test scores are only valid for two years.