Admission Requirements Gerontological Nursing strand:
• The candidate must satisfy all of the following criteria:
• be registered as a nurse on the live register with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and
• be working in an area where gerontological nursing care is delivered in Ireland for the duration of the course;
• have a minimum of one years full-time clinical nursing practice or equivalent recent clinical nursing practice since first registration and
• hold an honours degree in nursing studies or equivalent or otherwise satisfy the course committee that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
1 year part-time.
Careers or further progression
Students who successfully complete the P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice without compensation are eligible for entry to the relevant M.Sc./P.Grad. Dip. programme.