Please apply on-line using the relevant button on the right. When applying, please upload transcripts, CV and photo page of passport.
Springboard: This programme is also offered as a Government sponsored programme. Eligibility can be checked by following the link https://www.springboardcourses.ie/.
This conversion programme is targeted at science, engineering and technology graduates who have an interest in developing an innovation, management and commercial perspective on technology, and/or who wish to pursue management careers in a technology focussed industry.
Innovation and Technology are key drivers of competitive advantage and long-term success for companies in today's global knowledge economy. This programme aims to meet an important skills gap identified in Irish industries, by providing opportunities for technology, science and engineering graduates to develop a broad set of business, management, innovation and commercialisation tools. Upon completion of the programme the graduate will emerge as a technology leader with a strategic perspective on organisational issues and challenges.
In this context the programme objectives are as follows:
- Provide perspectives, concepts, and tools to anticipate challenges and seize opportunities presented by global technological change;
- Provide graduates from different functional areas and perspectives with an understanding of the nature and process of technological innovation;
- Develop a common business language so managers and technologists can work together on technological processes within their organisation;
- Understand international and cross-cultural management perspectives and processes vis-à-vis technology development and innovation;
- Understand and integrate the commercialisation of technology and management of business operations;
- Utilise the linkages between technologies and organisational strategies to create value for the customer and competitive advantage for the organisation;
- Develop an understanding of the innovative and competitive value that can be achieved through better supply chain management, outsourcing and business partnerships; and
- Develop the knowledge and skill set required to manage development projects.
Delivered on a full-time basis over twelve months, the programme is designed in three distinct stages. The first semester of the programme exposes the participants to key management functions relevant to industry. Whilst the second stage not only advances knowledge within specific technology management contexts, it also advances learning by adopting a more strategic and corporate level of analysis, focusing on key management challenges for the technology sector. The third stage of the programme is the completion of a major management-learning focused group consulting project. The Professional Development Module, which runs over the three semesters, prepares the students for their consulting project and their future career.
Taking account of international best practice, the programme has been developed specifically to address the needs and interests of individuals with technology backgrounds who wish to pursue management and commercial options in their career paths. It is specifically targeted at those wishing to develop a firmer grounding in the managerial and leadership issues facing today's complex organisations, thereby creating an ideal opportunity to develop practical inter-disciplinary leadership and managerial skills. Designed to meet the accelerated demands of fast track professionals, the programme provides many benefits. Participants will:
- Enhance their knowledge and skill of a wide range of management, innovation and operational areas
- Enhance their ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team
- Gain a broad business perspective with enhanced management and critical thinking skills they can apply in real-life business situations
- Take advantage of the collective professional experience of every participant and the instructors, through a rich array of learning methods
- Experience the real world through a range of guest speaker workshops, from leading innovators in their business disciples
Management in technology industries require a unique combination of technical, management, and business abilities. Graduates of the programme will have enhanced management and commercial career prospects across technology based industries, thus filling an identified skills gap in the jobs market with job opportunities in a broad range of sectors, including technology and communication organisations.