Applicants must strictly meet all the criteria listed
1 GCSE passes at grade C in Mathematics, English and Science.
Please note that the Level 2 Essential Skills - Application of Number is not deemed an acceptable alternative to GCSE Maths.
2. An honours degree. Priority will be given to students with a 2.1 degree but students holding a 2.2 degree are welcome to apply. The degree must be appropriate to a primary education subject area. Primary curriculum subjects include Mathematics, Science, Geography, History, Languages/Literature, Art, Music, Drama, Personal Development, Physical Education and Religion.
3. knowledge, interest and experience in the education of primary aged children in a formal classroom setting gained within the last three years. (Classroom practice should exceed at least 2 weeks).
4. Medical certificate of satisfactory health.
5. Evidence of good quality presentation and basic literacy skills are required throughout the application process.
6. Applications will be scrutinised to ensure that they do not have a criminal record which would inhibit their ability to work safely with children.
7. Two acceptable references must be provided - one character and one academic.
English Language Requirements
English language requirements for international applicants
The minimum requirement for this course is Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5. Trinity ISE: Pass at level III also meets this requirement for Tier 4 visa purposes.
Ulster recognises a number of other English language tests and comparable IELTS equivalent scores.