This course provides advanced education in environmental management, with a strong emphasis on teaching the concepts and methods for analysing spatial environmental data which are encapsulated within geographic information systems. You will be taught the principles and practice of environmental management within the contexts of biodiversity management and the contribution of empirical and case study scientific research, as well as gaining skills in the manipulation and analysis of spatial environmental data.
Key skills which will be developed are:
• Biodiversity management plans and site restoration design
• Ecological monitoring
• Environmental management systems
• Research analysis and data interpretation techniques
• Management, processing, analysis, interpretation and presentation of geo-spatial data
• Operation and use of geographic information systems.
The majority of students on the course are already working in industry or public services and taking the course has helped them to gain promotion and change careers as a result of their new skills.