This course investigates why pollution occurs, what the risks are to both humans and the environment, and what approaches to management we might have.
With over 30 years' experience of teaching Environmental Toxicology and 19 years' teaching via online distance learning, our course team has a significant track record in Ecotoxicology education.
During the course you will develop an understanding of:
• the general mechanisms of toxicity
• the basis of setting environmental quality standards
• the behaviour of contaminants in water, air and soil
• the legislative controls on contaminants
• analysing large datasets using techniques such as Geographic Infomation Systems
We aim to be as flexible as possible in terms of the topics studied and will give you the opportunity, where possible, to focus on areas of particular interest to you and/or the organisation you may work for.
Our strong links to consultancies and environmental agencies both private and governmental ensure that the course remains current and relevant to the needs of potential employers.
Accredited by the Committee of Heads of Environmental Sciences (CHES), the education committee of the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES).