This course has been providing professional marketing education to Northern Irelands business community for over 40 years.
Study Marketing at Ulster University in the United Kingdom.
Imbued with an emphasis on entrepreneurial thinking and practice, the MSc Marketing programme has evolved in line with the needs of the regional economy which it serves, responding as the learning needs and learning styles of its participants have altered and adapted as Northern Ireland more fully takes its place in the global market.
This course is an academically challenging and strategically relevant programme in advanced marketing study, with a particular emphasis on entrepreneurship. The programme is distinctive in exploring leading edge thinking from scholarly sources, alongside a diet rich in the practical application of marketing.
The programme has been designed in conjunction with senior marketing executives from industry as well as local entrepreneurs. It addresses the strategic imperative that companies must become more marketing focused and more professional and entrepreneurial in the practice of marketing.
The overall aim of the MSc Marketing course is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme ofstudy that educates, develops and enhances the professional competence of cognate students of marketing and business. The development of knowledge, intellectual qualities, professional and transferable skills will equip students for middle management and senior appointments in marketing within public, private and social economy sectors.
Within this broad aim, the objectives of the course are to:
· Provide an advanced study of business and management with particular focus on marketing;
· Prepare and/or develop students for a career in marketing and business by facilitating the development of enhances transferable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels;
· Develop students ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice;
· Enhance students lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
· Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems;
· Develop strong transferable skills of logical reasoning, creative thinking, effective communication and the ability to critically evaluate contemporary issues;
· Acquire the skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project;
· Cultivate highly developed lifelong learning skills and an appreciation for continuing personal and professional development, through self-directed and reflective learning.