This exciting course has been designed to improve the quality of public sector management as a profession. If your role includes policy development, management or governance, you will find that this degree will help you to develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of these areas, enhancing your effectiveness in the workplace. If you are an Administrators, managers and professionals from a wide variety of organisations are likely to find this course beneficial.
The MPA offers:
• modules that relate specifically to public sector policy development • modules based upon staff research rated at national and international standards
• learning sessions that allow you to exchange information with colleagues on how theories are being applied and implemented in different workplaces
• flexible delivery which recognises your need to fit studying around home and working life
• modules which will be delivered on a block basis (dates will be provided at the start of the academic year)
• guest lectures from NICS and public sector managers
• a system whereby you can take individual modules as short courses and build these towards your award over a longer period of time, thereby spreading cost and effort.
Our graduates are already immersed in their professional lives but this qualification should enhance the prospects for further career progression.