This course is offered in response to sustained international demand for highly skilled graduates in mechanical engineering for manufacturing and process engineering industries. On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- show a thorough understanding of the principles and theoretical bases of modern manufacturing techniques, automation, and production processes
- identify appropriate manufacturing systems for different production requirements and analyse their performance
- apply appropriate technology, quality tools and manufacturing methodology to design, re-design and continuously improve the manufacturing operations of engineering companies
- plan, research, execute and oversee experiments and research projects, critically analyse and interpret data, and effectively disseminate results
- work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, be self-motivated, able to work independently and demonstrate leadership.
Why Choose This Course
This is the only broad-based masters degree in manufacturing and automation in Ireland.