The MSc in Co-operative and Social Enterprise is delivered by distance learning and comprises eight taught modules and a minor thesis.
View downloadable brochure: MSc Brochure Co-operative and Social Enterprise MSc - CKL1 Information (1,968kB)(via course webpage link below - under Course details)
On successful completion, it is expected that you will be able to:
- think critically about social and economic problems and have the confidence to propose organisational solutions
- articulate the role of co-operatives and social enterprises in the creation of an alternative economic system to a wide range of audiences, including the public, private and third sectors, as well as to society in general
- participate meaningfully and effectively at leadership level in the decision-making, management and entrepreneurial processes of co-operatives and social enterprises
- apply the specific marketing, governance and management skills necessary in co-operatives and social enterprises
- appraise critically the multiplicity of activities, strategies, skills and approaches in the co-operative and social enterprise field
- choose optimal courses of action for specific situations in co-operative and social enterprises
- discuss and debate professional opinion on the functioning and roles of co-operatives and social enterprises
- research and report analytically on different types of cooperative and social enterprise.
Core Modules (30 credits)
Co-operative and Social Enterprise
Social and Co-operative Entrepreneurship
Co-operative and Social Enterprise Governance
Education and Marketing for Co-operatives and Social Enterprises
Optional modules (30 credits)
You will select any three of the following:
Innovation and Enterprise in Financial Co-operatives and Mutual
Community Co-operatives and Social Enterprises
Worker Co-operative Strategies
Co-operative Food Processing and Supply
Social Enterprises and the Developing World
People Management in Member-Based Organisations
Leadership and Change Management in Co-operative and Social Enterprises.
Dissertation in Co-operative and Social Enterprise (30 credits)
You will complete a 15,00030,000-word Dissertation in Co-operative and Social Enterprise.
Further details on the content and modules are availabe on the Postgraduate College Calendar.