Primary degree (NQF level 8) in pharmacy from an approved school of pharmacy.
Detailed Entry Requirements
- candidates must hold a primary pharmacy degree from a School of Pharmacy that is approved by the Programme Committee;
- they must be registered with the professional accreditation authority in the country in which they are practising;
- ideally candidates should have practical experience in their area of qualifications of at least two years post-registration;
- all candidates will be required to have full access to computer and internet facilities and to be computer literate;
- candidates must be employed by an agreed hospital or community pharmacy and must have a letter of consent/support from the hospital of employment/from their employer/supporting GP (where relevant) before registration;
- in some exceptional circumstances candidates, by virtue of their training and experience may, at the discretion of the Programme Director and the Head of School, be deemed suitable for entry to the degree.
Entry Requirements (Pathway II)
In addition to the above:
The Programme Management Committee may permit graduates holding a Postgraduate Certificate (equivalent to Level 9 award) in Clinical Pharmacy or a Postgraduate Diploma (equivalent to Level 9 award) in Clinical Pharmacy from an appropriately accredited School of Pharmacy to enter a one year programme. To be considered for entry to this programme, candidates must have completed their Clinical Pharmacy Postgraduate Certificate/Postgraduate Diploma no later than five years prior to the date of registration for this programme.
Note: English Language Requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English are required to sit either an IELTS or TOEFL test.
The minimum English Language Requirements for Postgraduate Degree Programmes are:
College of Medicine and Health: minimum IELTS 6.5
With no individual section lower than 6.5 for all programmes.
Further information on English Language Requirements can be found at http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/postgrad/how/
If you are applying with Qualifications obtained outside Ireland and you wish to verify if you meet the minimum academic and English language requirements for this programme please see course webpage (link below) to view the grades comparison table by country and for details of recognised English language tests.