The aim of the MSc in HRM is to develop and equip established HR professionals with the knowledge and skill set to enable them to operate at a strategic level in the HRM and HRD profession.
The MSc in HRM provides progressive supports in enhancing the student's ability to secure and embed current and critical perspectives in the HR profession.
A student centred design delivers a rare opportunity to engage at a postgraduate level in structured self-assessment, interaction with guest speakers and industry peers while having a dedicated 'HR Career Mentor'.
The programme runs from September through to submission of a final research project/dissertation in August.
Modules are timetabled two evenings per week (Tuesday and Thursday) from 6.30pm to 9.30pm along with a small number of Saturdays. Online tutorials and activities are also encompassed in the programme.
Why Choose This Course
On successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
• Contribute strategically to the management and deliver of the HR function in their organization through appraising and applying appropriate theoretical perspectives.
• Provide an in-depth analysis of the impact of context on the formulation and delivery of HR strategy.
• Provide critical analysis in an advisory capacity to key HR stakeholders on the management and development of staff at all levels.
• Engage in the systematic investigation into HRM/HRD related business issues that demonstrate critical thinking and research skills.
• Analyze and evaluate the contribution of the HR professional to overall business and employee relationship management objectives.
• Deploy appropriate HRM and HRD metrics and analytics to make, or support key organization stakeholders in making, informed decisions to enhance the overall effectiveness of the organization's human resource function.
• Exhibit reasoned ethical and professional standard based behaviour that shows an understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements relevant to human resource management.
• Demonstrate a competency-based approach to developing oneself through engagement with CPD planning.
• Communicate and work effectively to a high professional standard
• Demonstrate advanced analytical and problem-solving skills associated with effective practice.