This programme will equip graduates to implement coaching in diverse settings such as Business, Leadership Development, Life Balance, Personal Coaching, Health Care, Social Care, Career Coaching, Sports Coaching, Performance and Change Management. Coaching is now recognised as a key component in increasing performance, achieving goals and optimising personal and group effectiveness. Existing models of coaching are now being applied in wider contexts and in emerging new settings. This programme will assist students to develop new skills to meet increasingly complex life and management challenges and to practice these coaching skills to the highest standards. Graduates of the Post Graduate Certificate programme may apply for membership of the Association for Coaching.
Upon completion students should be able to
▪ Demonstrate a critical awareness of the role of relationship in the coaching conversation or intervention.
▪ Implement an integrated approach to Coaching drawing on appropriate approaches and coaching models
▪ Implement Coaching in the development of effective Leadership and within the process of managing change
▪ Practice and integrate emotional intelligence within the coaching process through effective self management, mindfulness and heighten personal and social awareness
▪ Draw on reflective practise as a means of learning and develop effective writing skills with the use of journal keeping
▪ Coach within ethical and professional boundaries following an established code of ethics and supervision.
Students will receive four coaching sessions at their own cost.