Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 60)
The Grad Dip TESOL is an internationally recognised qualification in the field of English language education.
• develops the professional competences essential to work in leadership positions within the field
• enables participants critically investigate aspects of own classroom practice in a supportive and developmental environment
• introduces participants to a wide range of academic and professional networks within the field of TESOL.
• Demonstrate an evidence based understanding of teaching, learning and assessment in TESOL.
• Develop leadership competencies in teaching, curriculum design, assessment, management, teacher development or materials design.
• Apply a critical reflection to a range of language teaching, learning and assessment approaches and adopt theory into practice.
• Develop confidence and competence in engaging in and networking with the professional community via conference presentations and workshops.
• Integrate a range of language teaching, learning and assessment technologies to enhance their students' learning experience.
• Foster a deeper understanding of the English language and the classroom implications of teaching applied language skills.