This course offers the perfect match for students with an international background and profile who are seeking to build a business career in today's increasingly globalised market place.
The MSc in International Business is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies required to operate in the global market place. On completing this course, you will be expected to be able to critically appraise the theory and practice of international business and demonstrate your expertise and competence in meeting the challenges and opportunities (professional and personal) of international business.
This Master's programme attracts many international students and their presence and contribution, along with the learning approach adopted, enhances the student learning experience. A small number of places are available to students to complete Semester 2 at a leading French business school.
What will I learn?
The curriculum has been carefully devised in order to develop vital critical skills in students, enabling them to understand and appraise international business from a theoretical and practical perspective, and also tackle business challenges in their future career.
1. Essential insight into the main challenges faced by a globalised business, including the actual workings and resources of such organisations, and the ability to demonstrate orally and in writing an understanding of the global market.
2. The necessary personal and professional skills in order to prepare, coordinate and implement business procedures in an autonomous fashion.
3. The ability to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the course via research activity into the international business field.
How will I benefit?
The rich course content and structure provides students with a key opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills that will kick-start their international business career.
1. The highly international blend of students enrolled on the course makes for an exceptional international learning opportunity, fully tailored to the global market that awaits students upon graduation.
2. A chance to build a strong peer network during the course, which can subsequently be leveraged when graduates embark upon their international career trajectory.
3. Significant recruitment possibilities, both in Ireland and abroad. Graduates of the course are highly desired by such companies as Bank of America, BP Group, Deloitte and Hewlett Packard.
Available on a one-year full-time basis or two-year part-time (via classes held during the working day), the flexible, wide-ranging curriculum comprises a blend of four core modules plus two option modules (out of a total choice of 10+). The balance of options covers a broad scope of management and business topics, all vital to grasping the theory and practice of the global marketplace. The summer term offers students the choice between a dissertation or three further modules.
Part of the international course experience includes the chance for selected students to spend Semester 2 in a leading French business school.
The MSc in International Business provides students with an essential insight into the main challenges faced by a globalised business, including the actual workings and resources of such organisations. During the programme, students will develop a strong ability to demonstrate, orally and in writing, an understanding of the global market and also the ability to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the course via research activity into the international business field (Purpose).
We value notions of inclusion, respect, and collaboration in the learning process (education and subject/discipline/professional values).
MSc International programme attracts students from various educational and cultural backgrounds who want to follow international careers and provides a truly international learning environment in which students are expected to work, study, and share experiences in multinational teams (the nature of the learning environment for students).
The curriculum has been carefully devised in order to develop vital critical skills in students, enabling them to understand and appraise international business from a theoretical and practical perspective, and also tackle business challenges in their future career. The programme aims to be a recognized leader in our field in terms of reputation, contributions to knowledge, and inclusion of evidence based approach into teaching. Students will experience a combination of lectures, seminars, and workshop sessions. Students will work as individuals, and also as part of a team on case study analysis, presentations, and research papers and essays (key approaches to teaching, learning and assessment).