The MSc in Business Analytics is designed to give participants knowledge of and experience with current quantitative analysis techniques. We'll teach you how to implement these quantitative techniques in a business problem-solving and project management environment.
This programme is suitable for graduates from technical disciplines such as, engineering, computer science and mathematics with a talent for and interest in finding mathematical or computer solutions to business problems. It is also suitable for business graduates who have studied Management Information Systems (MIS) subjects. The student profile also includes people with practical experience, who often use the programme to redirect their career.
The mix of full and part-time students from different backgrounds, working together on projects, makes the interaction between students an important and worthwhile part of the learning experience.
The two-year part-time option is taught twice-weekly. For students entering in September 2017, it will run during the daytime (this is a change from previous years).
What will I learn?
This technically-oriented course hones quantitative and computer techniques in its students to assist them in exploring management issues and supporting decision-making within a business context.
1. Exposure to and practice of the latest cutting-edge quantitative analysis techniques used within this specific branch of applied mathematics
2. Development of the necessary computer software skills and an understanding of the theory and practice of applied information systems, as required in consultancy and business
3. The ability to develop new software solutions and implement mathematical and quantitative techniques in order to make effective business decisions and boost performance
How will I benefit?
Students will not only be provided with the vital business analysis tools but also be given the chance to apply them by engaging with leading companies over the duration of the course, raising their employability in the eyes of recruiters
• Access to current research into all aspects of decision and management science, including Project Management, Simulation, Multi-criteria Decision Making and Spatial Decision Support Systems
• A thorough grounding in a science employed within a wide range of organisations and industries, including banks, management consultancies, the public sector and the engineering industry
• Successful completion of the course has seen many graduates go on to work for such companies as Accenture, Goldman Sachs, IBM and Intel.
Class Profile available in full-time and part-time formats, the course attracts students from a wide range of backgrounds including; Information Systems, Engineering, Maths, Economics, Science and Computing. These include people with prior practical experience looking to further or redirect their career. To download the course overview presentation click here MSc in Business Analytics Presentation
Real management experience - MSc Business Analytics students get the opportunity to work on real management problems with Irish companies as part of their project.
Prizes and scholarships - the SAS Ireland sponsored Perry Bursary prize is awarded to the top student on the programme.