MPsychSc Psychological Science
Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 90)
The focus of this programme is on acquiring basic applied psychology skills to equip you for doctoral studies in clinical, counselling, educational or organisational psychology, or for progressing to a PhD in psychological research. Over the course of the year students work with a staff member to complete a research project. In keeping with the skills-based focus of the programme, the research is written up as a journal article that conforms to the publication style of an identified journal. Applicants are invited to review the research areas of the School's Academic Staff. In most cases, students work on one of their supervisor's ongoing research projects.
- One year full-time taught masters in basic applied psychology skills
- Emphasises acquisition of skills for professional practice
- Equips you for doctoral studies in clinical, counselling, educational or organisational psychology or for progressing to a PhD in psychological research
- Research project, supervised by a member of staff and written up as a journal article
- Includes a psychometric assessment module that meets requirements to obtain BPS certification