Application Requirements Students may be admitted to the PhD programme at three points during the academic year. The deadlines for SUBMISSION of applications are as follows:
- For September Starts completed applications must be submitted by 31st May
- For January Starts completed applications must be submitted by 31st October
- For May Starts, completed applications must be submitted by 28th February.
Applications are subject to completion of the documentation below. All applications should include the following documentation:
1. Completed PhD / Permit Application Form (attached)
2. Certified copies of transcripts of previous academic qualifications
3. References from two referees, commenting specifically on the candidate's academic suitability to pursue a PhD
4. An outline of the proposed area of research (not less than 1,500 words)
For International Applicants
5. Whose first language is not English or whose primary degree(s) have been obtained in a country where English is not the official language of instruction, evidence of proficiency in English (IELTS or TOEFL score).
6. Visa status as required (this usually follows Graduate School Board approval)
Documents (1-5) should be sent to:
Ms. Christine Ridge,
SPHPPS Postgraduate Administrator,
University College Dublin,
Belfield, Dublin 4
Tel ++ 353 1 7163429/7163423
Deadlines for Applications are listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For all Applicants
Interview by a Panel comprising minimum three members of Faculty. This can be conducted by telephone to facilitate international applicants unable to travel.