MEngSc Materials Science and Engineering
Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 90)
The MEngSc in Materials Science and Engineering provides engineers with a specialist education and training in the area of metals, ceramics, polymers and composites for industrial engineering applications from biomedical device manufacture to future energy solutions.
- This programme is delivered by a School with a long history of innovation.
- This school attracts approximately 5m in research funding annually.
- Focus on the use of materials in engineering systems.
- Advanced integrated theoretical, conceptual and practical knowledge.
- Technical research project in collaboration with world leading research groups.
Materials Scientists and Engineers are at the centre of virtually every area of technology from optoelectronics to space materials and from automotive and aeromotive manufacturing to biomedical devices.
Graduates from this programme will be fully qualified professional engineers, capable of working anywhere in the world at an advanced technical level or as a professional engineering manager.
Graduates will also have specialist training in underlying scientific fundamentals and practical materials handling and analysis techniques that will make them attractive to either potential employers or equip them for further study at advanced postgraduate level such as PhD studies in Ireland or across the world.