This course is suitable for graduates from both business and non-business backgrounds. The objective of the course is to transform graduates into competent marketing professionals.
What will I learn?
The teaching approach and objectives of this course are based around Action Learning students learn by doing throughout the duration of the course and at the service of actual organisations.
1. Learning to manage students consolidate their prior knowledge of management theory by adopting and applying actual commercial skills.
2. Genuine practical experience is gained as students are cast as Marketing Advisors, involving a professional assignment to be delivered to a client
3. An understanding of the marketing challenges faced by a variety of different organisations, from start-ups and non-profits through to multinational organisations.
How will I benefit?
The structure of the course provides the ultimate opportunities for professional networking and potential recruitment all through the learning process.
- Practical experience is gained within the formal set-up of the Marketing Development Programme , which rubber-stamps the official nature of the service delivered by students.
- Regular contact with clients via the course and related events provides golden networking opportunities, as well as the chance to learn first-hand the team-playing, motivational and leadership skills required for the profession.
- Graduates of the course are frequently recruited by a number of highly attractive companies, including Cadbury, GlaxoSmithKline, Linkedin and Microsoft.
Personal and professional development students benefit from dedicated seminars, designed to hone their presentational skills, impression management and interview and CV preparation techniques
Varied assignments the Marketing Advisor project covers a wide spectrum of themes and areas, including Marketing and Business Strategy, Quantitative and Qualitative Market Research, Economic Impact Studies and Digital Marketing
Real-life work conditions the course is structured like a genuine working day, with defined business hours, genuine commercial projects for external corporate clients and a real office set-up at UCD.