MSc World Heritage Conservation
The Graduate Certificate in World Heritage Conservation are part-time, online, distance learning courses designed to equip you with current thinking and professional understanding of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. The programme will provide you with the knowledge base, skills and confidence to address World Heritage issues and to advance your career in this field.
- The only World Heritage Distance Learning course in Ireland and one of the first of its kind in the world
- A multidisciplinary programme offering modules in natural and cultural heritage
- Designed for professionals and motivated participants working in areas related to the nomination and conservation of World Heritage Sites
- A part-time, online, distant learning course with an international focus on heritage conservation
On successful completion of the programme students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention, its implementation including the processes of inscription and monitoring of World Heritage properties;
- Identify and analyse the role of key actors and instruments in global heritage conservation;
- Understand theory and practice of conserving natural heritage, i.e. species, ecosystems and biodiversity, and cultural heritage, i.e. monuments, sites and landscapes.
Building on knowledge gained in the first year, completion of the 2-year Graduate Diploma will provide students with practical skills and a more specialised understanding of the application of the Convention. For example, on successful completion of stage 2, students will be able to establish a management plan framework and apply management plan methodology to cultural and natural sites.
UCD World Heritage
UNESCO World Heritage Centre
IUCN World Heritage Programme
ICOMOS World Heritage