This certificate aims to educate healthcare professionals on the science of the vertebral column. It addresses the fundamentals of common pathologies and recent developments in treatment. Students will develop their knowledge base of functional anatomy and spinal pathology to allow them to recognise clinical patterns for diagnosis and delegation / referral.
On completion of this certificate, you have be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of spinal functional anatomy
2. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of spinal pathology and clinical examination
3. Take a focused spinal subjective history and perform a complete clinical examination
4. Understand the degenerative process and patients' needs along this spectrum
5. Create a problem list and treatment plan from a spinal patient presentation
6. Consider alterantive evidence based diagnoses and treatments