Applicants should have a primary degree with at least second-class honours, in a relevant discipline such as history, archaeology, geography, or Irish Studies (Primary degree: Level 8 - QQI).
Applicants with approved equivalent qualifications who have substantial experience in the History of Family (such as appropriate publications) or relevant professional experience may also be considered for admission.
Essential: Students must be computer literate and have access to broadband internet.
What to Upload with your Application
• Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
• English language qualification(s) (if English is not your first language)
• A copy of your birth certificate
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the criteria below (no longer than two years prior to application)
Acceptable English Language qualifications include the following:
• Matriculation examinations from European countries where English is presented as a subject and an acceptable level is achieved
• Irish Leaving Certificate English Ordinary Level Grade D or above
• TOEFL 580 (paper based) or 90 (internet based)
• IELTS Minimum score of 6.5* with no less than 6 in any one component.
• English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) Grade C1
• GCE 'O' level English Language/GCSE English Language Grade C or above
• University of Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English Grade A
• GCE Examination Boards Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council School Certificate Pass 1-6
Results in examinations other than those listed above may also be accepted as meeting our English language requirements. Contact the International Education Division for advice.