Provides graduates with contemporary project management approaches, developing theories and principles, deepening of knowledge, skills set and ability to critically analyse and engage actively in the development and integration of project management as a way of work within organisations. The programme has PMI accreditation.
This MSc programme is aimed at new graduates who wish to pursue a career in a project related discipline. Specifically it will:
• Introduce the fundamental principles of project management, frameworks processes and developing theories used in explaining how new project assets achieve business benefits in a change environment.
• Provide learners with the competencies to manage groups and teams and to interact effectively with project stakeholders
• Demonstrate project management best practice in managing human, physical and financial resources throughout the project lifecycle.
• Introduce the principles of how to manage change through portfolios, programmes and projects in line with organisational strategic objectives.
• Explore commercial management of projects including capital budgeting, project appraisal, outsourcing business case development
• Show how projects and project management maturity models can be interpreted and integrated within individual and organisational development initiatives
• Introduce the concepts and theories of corporate and social responsibility and provide a framework for planning and evaluating the actions and performance of a project in the context of sustainable and socially responsible activity.
• Introduce learners to the importance of how to use organisational and project management knowledge systems to manage and evaluate projects.
• Develop the learner's research capability in conceptualising, formulating, conducting and reporting on independent research in a project environment.
One of the key aims of this MSc programme is to provide students with an opportunity to engage with industry leaders and practitioners through guest lectures and industry lead research projects and case studies The programme delivery will achieve this through a variety of established pedagogical approaches, including a blend of experiential learning, group work, interactive presentations project based case work and assessments. In addition students will have the option of conducting in-company research work. The M.Sc. in Project Management is globally accredited by the Project Management Institute(PMI) Global Accreditation Centre (GAC)